Puppy Selection, Rearing and Training
So, you’ve finally decided to take the plunge and buy that little ball of fluff you’ve always wanted. What you may not realise is that there is much more to choosing the right puppy than meets the eye. Or, you may be days away from picking up your new pup and are wondering what you can do to make sure you are fully prepared for your pup’s arrival. Or you just may need some extra help with your pup once he is home, as you have discovered that this ball of fluff isn’t quite the angel you thought he would be!
At VICDOG, we can help you before, during or after you buy your new pup.
- We help you choose the right breed of dog to suit your family and your lifestyle. We can also give you tips on choosing the right breeder and bloodlines. We can guide you to ask the right questions of the breeder to ensure you get a healthy puppy.
Puppy Selection and Temperament Testing
- We can accompany you to the breeders and temperament test the pups to help you chose the right puppy from the litter to suit your needs.
- We can also come to your house and help you prepare your home for your pup’s arrival. We make sure that you have considered appropriate equipment, health requirements, sleeping arrangements and we will help you puppy proof your home.
Puppy Obedience and Manners
- We will teach you to establish yourself as pack leader from day one. We can help you to teach your pup manners by setting up some vital ground rules to ensure that you and your pup have a healthy and harmonious relationship right from the very start. It’s never too early to start teaching your pup.
- Pups have a critical learning period between 8-16 weeks and it is vital to expose your pup to as many experiences as possible during this time. Once this period had passed, it’s almost too late.